They can also be used in a lot of different ways.
The quality and durability of plastic cards means they are used in lots of situations. On top of their terrific visual appeal, plastic cards also have the capability of interacting with machines in a number of different ways.
Because they have so many uses, companies see benefits from printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- In addition to lasting longer, plastic cards are readily recycled instead of winding up in a landfill.
- This keeps outdated cards out of the trash. And if they do need to be thrown out, bio-degradable plastics allow these cards to decompose in a matter of years.
- If you are looking for ways to be more eco-conscious, recycled plastic business cards are the way to go.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To get more info on custom plastic cards and competitive pricing, fill in the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are alike, and making sure you find the right one for the job requires a careful examination of your needs.
We want to help you find the right printer at the right price! Plastic Card ID offers: Shop the best printer brands on our easy-to-navigate website.
Our easy-to-navigate website will let you browse through all the top printer brands.
Detailed product review from other customers. Save money on printers and supplies with our affordable prices. Ongoing customer service that continues after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
You don’t have to feel overwhelmed shopping for an ID card printer. Instead, focus on these five key factors to help narrow your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
You can get most card printers in either a single-side or dual-side model.
Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards. Dual sided card printers are great for completing large orders quickly. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and most affordable type of printer.
The use a ribbon with panels to put the color onto the card, but usually leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
High yield ribbons, large hopper capacity and print speed time are things you need to look for if you plan on printing large batches of cards.
If you are only going to print a new card here and there, you might be better served with a manual hand-fed printer or a more inexpensive automatic printer that has a lower capacity. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards increases durability and cost of ID cards. But it is necessary for cards that are handled regularly or swiped through a machine or reader.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for added security.
Less expensive methods that add visual security include watermarks, holographic cardstock and hologram stickers. 5) Type of connection
You can directly connect your ID card printer to a PC with a USB cable.
Connecting to a Mac is possible with a printer that has Mac compatibility. You can also connect to a network to print using multiple computers, but be sure to select a printer with an Ethernet connection. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is just another term for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a common synonym for plastic, and though it is often associated with pipes and construction, PVC is a durable plastic that is excellent for creating and printing ID cards. PVC card printers can consequently mean all types of photo ID makers. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use any number of methods to transfer a design on to an ID card. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of ID card printing. This method uses a ribbon with panels of three primary colors (yellow, cyan, and magenta) on the entire length.
As the card prints, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink where needed, transferring it to the card. Dye sublimation is a term used with color PVC card printers. In black and white PVC card printers, this process is resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST Priced Color Plastic Card Printer on the market today.
This is a single-sided printer that allows for printing on card backs as an option.
This single-sided printer will do the job very nicely, as you flip the card over and run it through on the reverse side.
This can save you $600, which is roughly the price difference between a single-sided and dual-sided printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides a turnkey solution for Mac or PC. The solution includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card software, and a pack of consumable supplies (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) to complete 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND The Badgy200 allows you to instantly print your own cards without any other assistance.
Print just one card at a time, or in groups of any size that you may need. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
Additionally, you can import data from a database, while adding information to your card designs in one single click, all while launching a print run comprised of your badges and one command, that includes immense variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer provides personalized plastic cards with professional-looking, edge-to-edge printing that will highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is as easy to install and use as a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded and retrieved through a simple hopper that is located right on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software allows you to control the printer from your computer, by receiving notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
SPACE SAVING. The Badgy200 printer easily fits into the smallest of work spaces, since it is smaller than a letter sized sheet of paper.
- It weighs just 9 pounds!
- Personalized Card Badges
- The Badgy Printer allows you to print your own customized badges in full color whenever you want to. This solution allows for the instant creation of customized secure cards for a wide range of applications.
- A Card Printer
If you can print your cards on paper, you can print them on plastic.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality and, even better, you print the badges you want when and where you want!
- Badgy200 printer
- Product Features
- Can be operated easily
- The Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and used just like a standard office printer.
- Its compact design allows it to be setup anywhere in your workspace.
- Evolis offers the Badgy200 to assist you with your printing of color badges.
- Whether you need one card once in a while or 100 cards per day, Badgy is optimized to suit your needs.
- The Badgy200 color ID printer is perfect for printing employee badges, ID cards, library cards, student ID cards, or anything else you may need.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy includes a single installation CD that consists of the Badge Studio + software, the printer driver, and templates.
- Easily design and print professional, edge-to-edge ID cards and badges using the Evolis Badge Studio + the software that is included with Badgy200.
- The software is compatible with PC and Mac, and it allows you to create personalized badges in a matter of minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software provides complete control over your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- We offer thousands of free card templates at badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choosing by adding text, logos, photos, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Gift and loyalty cards
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is an affordable solution, ideal for low volume card printing applications. This system a complete solution for both novice and experienced users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
Evolis Badge Studio and card personalization software for Mac and PC
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy comes with a 25-card tray for input/output, top-side ribbon reloading, and power connection with USB port in the rear.
In addition, an LCD control panel means the printer is easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness When you print with Badgy200 you get sharp, rich images that cover the full card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
The cost per card is extremely low no matter how few cards you need to print at a time. Badgy was created with small business needs in mind.
In addition, Badgy saves you money on power costs when you use its hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview: This type of printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to create prints jobs at 300 dpi and using 2 million color combinations.
This printer is also very fast, with a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome print speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
The full-color YMCKO ribbon can print 100 jobs
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them, in batches or one at a time: Gift and loyalty cards
Visitor badges Visitor badges