In addition, plastic cards can be used lots of different ways.
Thanks to their durability and high-quality graphics, plastic cards can be used in a lot of different situations. They can be visual like most business cards, but they can interact with machines in many ways.
Given this huge range of possibility, any business can find a good use for a printed plastic card.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- One of the most underrated features of plastic is the ease with which it can be recycled.
- This keeps outdated cards out of the trash. And if they do need to be thrown out, bio-degradable plastics allow these cards to decompose in a matter of years.
- New cards can be made from recycled plastic too, further reducing the environmental footprint.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For any questions about printed plastic card and to learn more about our competitive pricing, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all card printers are alike, so you need to examine your needs carefully to find the right one for you.
Call on us for help to get you the plastic card printer you need at the price that fits your budget! Plastic Card ID offers: Take advantage of outstanding service from our reliable ID experts.
Shop the best printer brands on our user-friendly website.
Read product reviews from real customers! Save as much as 50% on printers and other supplies with our already low prices. Count on industry experts, all the way through the purchase process.
5 Key Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Finding the right ID card printer can be intimidating – understand these 5 key factors to help get the best printer for the job. 1) Single or Dual-Sided Printer
Most card printers can be purchased in either single mode or dual-sided mode.
It’s cheaper to buy a single sided printer, but less convenient because you have to manually flip the card to print to the reverse side. Dual sided card printers are great for completing large orders quickly. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of printer.
The use a ribbon with panels to put the color onto the card, but usually leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film and give a higher quality results that doesn’t leave a border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches need printers with larger hopper sizes, faster printing speeds, and yield higher ribbons.
Companies that only print small amounts can save money by purchasing a handfed only printer, or printers without high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards greatly increases their durability. For cards that will be swiped or otherwise regularly handled, this is a necessity.
You can also use lamination to add holograms for added security.
There are also less expensive ways to make a more secure card such as holographic card stock, holographic stickers, watermarks, and similar visual security features. 5) Type of connection
These printers connect to any computer with a simple USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, ensure the printer you select has Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, be sure to select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
An ID card printer can also be called a PVC card printer.
Polyvinyl chloride is a popular equivalent for plastic these days, and even though you probably think first of pipes and construction, PVC happens to be a very durable plastic which is perfect for printing ID cards. This means that a PVC card printer can really involve any kind of photo ID maker. How Do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use a variety of methods to transfer a design onto a card. The most popular techniques to print on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular of ID card printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) along its length.
As the card is printing, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink on the ribbon where needed, and transfers it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer, this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST priced printer for color plastic cards on the market today.
You do not need a dual-sided printer to print on both sides of the plastic card.
By manually flipping the card over yourself, this printer will print on either side of the card and save you money!
This means you can save $600, which is the general cost difference between a single-sided and dual-sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy offers a turnkey solution for PC or Mac computers. It includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio personalization software, and a pack of consumable supplies (color ribbon and blank plastic cards for 100 prints).
In addition, you will get access to a free card template library at www.badgy.com to help you personalize the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards quickly and independently!
Print your badges as you need them, either as single cards or in small batches. Saving Time
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also import data from a database and add information to your designs with a single click, then launch a print run of badges with one command, including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer produces customized plastic cards with professional-grade, full-coverage printing, emphasizing your brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper. Both are located on the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite software, you’re able to control the printer from your computer by receiving notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are simple to install and automatically recognized.
COMPACT: The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a letter sized sheet of paper, allowing it to fit into any workspace.
- The Badgy200 is incredibly lightweight – only 9 pounds.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your own professional-quality custom badges whenever and wherever you want. It is truly the ideal solution for any business that needs to print plastic cards for any occasion.
- A Card Printer
In simple terms, you’re printing your cards on plastic instead of paper.
- Print the amounts you want on whatever schedule you desire. Badgy is designed with the needs of smaller and medium-size businesses in mind.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install, versatile, and works just like a standard office printer.
- It is small and lightweight, which means it will fit into almost any office workspace.
- The Badgy200 is designed to print professional-quality color badges with ease.
- Badgy200 offers a solution for graphic personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- This color ID printer is ideal for producing customized employee visitor badges or event badges.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes the Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the required printer driver.
- You can design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included with Badgy200.
- The software is compatible with PC and Mac, and it allows you to create personalized badges in a matter of minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with notifications
- 24/7 online support
- You can find and personalize a template of your choice at Badgy.com, adding logos, text, photos, and much more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Gift and loyalty cards
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power cable and power supply
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is a cost-effective solution, ideal for low-volume printing applications. This is a complete all-in-one solution right out of the box, which makes it perfect for novice users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
Consumables such as ink ribbons and plastic cards
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and USB and power connections at the back.
An LCD panel makes the printer easy to operate.
Quality and budget-conscious Badgy200 feature full-color, superior quality prints that cover the entire surface of the card, from edge to edge. Badgy is capable of printing readable barcodes.
Whether you’re printing just one card or 100 cards (or more), the cost to print is impressively low and easy on the budget.
You can save even more money when using the power-saving hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview: This type of printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to create prints jobs at 300 dpi and using 2 million color combinations.
This printer is also very fast, with a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome print speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards whenever you need them, whether you’re printing in batches or one at a time. Print for things like: Staff ID badges
Staff ID badges
Event badges Event badges